Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Quarterly performance review

Without giving TOO much away about my work (just b/c I don't know who's reading this, and my sis told me to be careful what I write) I'd just like to point out that quarterly performance review went surprisingly well. I'm quite happy at the moment, for the simple fact, I've been stressing LIKE MAD about my job.

But to make a long story short, my manager advised me that people feel as though I'm an asset to the company, they understand how much under the pump I'm at right now, and being at this job for only 9 months, they think I've been coping pretty well.

I'm stressing about my work load for when I'm away, and I talked about it today with my manager. Even though things are not going to get any easier, there may be a little light at the end of the tunnel. Just in terms of the short term action plan. I can still see myself stressing A LOT, but I feel like after our meeting, I felt like I was an asset and appreciated for what I've been doing. My manager told me that there are things that need to be recognized, that don't always get expressed, and maybe performance review time is that time to express that.

I felt like throwing in the towel a few days ago, but now I feel like I'm going to be okay. Don't hold your breath thou, that I won't be whinging about something else. But my managers see potential in me, and they wouldn't give me the work they have, the work load they have, if they didn't have confidence in me. My partner tried to tell me this over and over, but sometimes it has to be heard by management. I'm secretly afraid of getting fired, and after today's conversation, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon.

So I think I'll sleep well tonight. ::crossing my fingers::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home