Thursday, June 15, 2006

Big Trucks

One thing I've noticed here in Australia (or maybe it's just me) is that big trucks, don't give a sh*t. They drive like morons, and they seem to be really inconsiderate of other drivers. I know in the states, while on the freeway, you'd get a real jerk who'd tailgate you in the 65 mph zone. But for the most part, they seemed courteous.

I know on backroads, not only big trucks, but buses...if there were a huge line of cars behind them, they'd pull over to the side, so that all the cars would be able to pass by. The same went with big farm machinery.

But not here, it doesn't seem like people know what it means to be conscious of who is behind them. Granted, there are not a lot of big trucks, or buses, but because I drive the backroads to the train station, I get a lot of the big trucks and buses.

Tonight on my way home, there was this big truck (not quite a semi, but big enough). The speed was 90 kms, and we were going under 80 kms. There were 20+ cars behind him (me included), and the guy didn't think to pull over, so that we'd all be able to pass. Okay, if you're going just under the speed limit, yeh that's okay. But going 10 kms under, and having 20+ cars behind you.....talk about obnoxious. And it wasn't as if there wasn't a spot that the truck could have pulled off to, because there was.

::shaking head in annoyance:: I wish truck drivers were more aware of their surroundings, especially when it comes to 20+ cars behind them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home