Sunday, September 04, 2005

Very Brief Update

My partner and I went to our GLITF meeting this evening. The meeting that we were not sure we were going to be able to attend because of Father’s Day. But lucky enough, we had Father’s Day lunch, and were able to head off and be at the meeting at the proper time. I started to get nervous last night. Not sure why I was so nervous, other than the fact that I knew we’d have to talk to someone. I get a little anxious when I know that I have to talk to someone about such “official” matters.

We get to the meeting a little early and I go up to one of the gentleman and ask him if he’s a migration agent.” He proceeded to tell me that the GLITF meeting was going to start in 10 minutes, that he couldn’t talk unless I was a member.” I told him I was a member and that I wanted him to look over our application after the general meeting. He kind of gave me the brush off…and then passed me onto another gentleman. He proceeded to tell me that he wasn’t going to be able to stay after the meeting to help us out. But he did arrange a time for my partner and I to come to his place. It’s yet another trip, and my partner has to take the night off because she works in the evenings, till 2AM. But we managed to make an appointment.

I feel sort of better with the fact that there are not going to be others around, however I know I”ll get anxious because I’m just afraid of what the migration officer is going to say about our application. I know we have a good application, but we did ours a bit different than maybe what they’re expecting? We were given a guideline and we followed it, but not to the T. Plus we have some questions in regards to the actual application. It’s hard to believe that if we don’t cross our “t’s” and dot our “I’s” our application could be refused. I know we probably don’t have anything to worry about, but I’m just the sort of person that DOES worry. I wish I didn’t worry so much, but it’s always been in my nature to do so. Thursday, can I wait that long . Oh I know I’m going to have to!!

-current mood- ANXIOUS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home