Monday, July 17, 2006

Babies all around

Everywhere I turn, someone has had a baby, or will be having a baby. My partner's 2nd cousin had a baby on Thursday, and I found out my cousin is due in February. Ladies at work, they're on maternity leave, or they've come back from maternity leave. I swear, all these babies are around me, and I don't know what to do!!!

I'm not fond of babies myself. I am too afraid to hold them. I feel like they're such little delicate things, and I will drop them. I know I wouldn't, but they're just so fragile and so innocent. I look at newborns and think to myself "self, how amazing it is, on how this baby came about." When you think about it, conception and the cycle of life, itself is completely amazing.

I don't want to have any kids, but sometimes when I see baby pictures, or mothers with babies, I get that yearning feeling. But then I stop and think "I'm going to have to be taking care of them for 18+ years," and then I'm reversed back into reality. I feel selfish in the fact that I don't want to have kids. My partner would love to have a little bub running around. But we have had long talks about this, and came to the conclusion that this wouldn't be happening. I'm just getting well into my career, and we're just getting truly settled into our relationship. Sure we've been together for almost 7 years, but we've only just really begun to settle in our relaitonship. I am focusing on my career, and I know I want to make money, build a house and see what happens then. I really don't find that I have room in my life for kids.

I often wonder if my feelings will change once my sister has kids. Even though I won't be around to watch my niece of nephew grow up...the idea of my sister having a kid, it may make me re-think about kids. Don't think it'll change my mind about having them. But I think I may think differently about them. But I know for the time being, I can only stand being around kids for so long.

Some people just have the niche for parenting, I unfortunately am not one of them. Good thing I know now ey?? ::smirks::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home