Saturday, March 11, 2006

Drag King show update

Okay, so my first thought of what the drag king show would be, was something to the effect of the drag king shows in The L Word. I assumed there’d be a lot of ladies, and some fantastic performers. Uhhh, that didn’t happen at all. The bar was ironically called The L Bar. But there were about 25 people there, and there were only two performers. One of the performers is dating my friend N from work. But they were very novice, if you could say that. It wasn’t fun and exciting, like I had hoped.

But N and I were pretty bored, maybe it was because it wasn’t our scene. But I had hoped for a little better show. Even though I’m not really into the gay scene, I do enjoy drag nights. I don’t like bars because I always feel like people are rating me, and plus, people smoke. I can’t stand people who smoke, I think it’s pretty rank. Sorry, for those readers who smoke ::snickers:: Smoking within the lesbian community…it seems like so many lesbians smoke. I think N and I were the only ones last night in the bar that didn’t smoke. Though there were not many of us (I think around 25) that still was a lot of smoke to be surrounded by.

All in all, let’s just say that though I was happy to go out with N, it’s not something I’d do on a regular basis!


-current mood-FEEL BAD, forgot to send mum's pressie. Will send it Tuesday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home