Sunday, March 12, 2006

CD burner playing up

I haven’t been able to get my cd burner to work. I’ve reformatted my computer, in thinking that that’d make it work. It’s been awhile since I’ve had the computer reformatted and since then I’ve had a lot of programs put on and what not. But I wanted to burn some data onto a cd, since it’s cheaper than burning onto a dvd, but it won’t read any of the cds I put in. The cd burner sounds like it’s trying to read, but it doesn’t. The cd burner I have is a dual layer, cd/dvd burner. It’s an LG Super Multi DVD drive GSA-4082B. I can burn data onto dvds, but the cd part of the burner won’t work. I don’t know if that means I need to update my drivers (firmware?) or if there is such a thing where the cd burner won’t work, but the dvd burner part will. I’m completely stumped. I’m hoping to get my brother in law to come over and take a look, but even then, I don’t know if he knows. He’s said before that he has never had this happen. We may have to buy a new cd burner, but they’re not that expensive these days. I just have to find out the right cd burner to buy. I’m not all that savvy with motherboards and slots they’re supposed to go into or anything.

Any readers have any idea what the issue might be? I’d love some feedback. If I rectify the problem, I’ll let you know ::smiles::


-current mood-ANNOYED that I can't get the burner to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home