Saturday, September 10, 2005

Monthly Visitor

One of the very few things I hate about being a woman, is the fact that every month, without fail, for one week, I feel like crap. Sure, there are many days aside from this one week that I feel like crap, but that one week, where my darn “monthly visitor” arrives I just feel absolutely horrible. I feel drained, tired, my belly aches, my breasts ache, I’m crabby, and all I want to do is sleep. I’m a pill to be around, and truthfully I wouldn’t want to be around myself . For the most part, I am usually okay before my monthly visitor arrives. I am lucky in the aspect, that w/o fail I’ll have the PMS symptoms and then it’s monthly visitor time. I have a pretty regular monthly visitor, and that’s not with any help. But I just wish the monthly visitor wasn’t so annoying.

How much out of wack does the monthly visitor put on my schedule? If my cramps are so bad, or I just feel like absolute sh*t, I will not go to work. If I’m wanting to go swimming, I usually won’t, just b/c I don’t like the idea of wearing a tampon while in water. I usually have to watch what color clothes I wear, just in case I start w/o any protection. And just knowing that my monthly visitor has arrived, that just puts a dampen on the whole week. Not to mention, the “waiting” period for the monthly visitor to “finish” it’s business, that’s pretty annoying as well.

If I had it my way, I’d get everything taken out right NOW. I know it really isn’t a laughing matter, and getting a hysterectomy isn’t the answer to getting rid of the monthly visitor. But I so often wish I didn’t have to worry about the horrible fact that being a woman means having this monthly visitor. I know women should embrace this wonderful “thing” but c’mon, how can we embrace something that is so utterly annoying? Could you guess that I’m a bit peeved and annoyed? I know there is much more to a hysterectomy and that I’d have to take hormones the rest of my life. But why couldn’t I have been one of those women that didn’t get her monthly visitor, or didn’t get it very often? I know, there are other health related issues to worry about if one doesn’t get their monthly visitor. But I’m talking about in a perfect world, which I know one doesn’t exist. I wanna throw a tantrum, I wanna rip out my fallopian tubes and flush them down the toilet.

Ugg, I can’t stand monthly visitor time. And I'm going to whinge and whinge and whinge. Other than that, I LOVE being a woman.

-current mood-BLOATED from my monthly visitor

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i completely agree with u!

September 10, 2005 8:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww bless yes i know its a pain in
the butt, but just think you have so much to look forward to ,at 45 - 50 the menopause lol

paula

September 14, 2005 2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home