Saturday, September 02, 2006

Thanks for the advice

Thanks to everyone who has given some great advice regarding the previous topic. It seems like this is an issue that is a constant one. And I do ask myself every day "will it get better?" People say that I don't deserve it, and I know that I don't. But I keep having faith and hope, that things WILL get better.

After I was so upset with this whole issue, I had a chat with my partner, and she stated that she was scared of what the doctor would say. She is afraid the doctor will want to put her on hormone replacement tablets and she doesn't want that. She started to get all teary, and I started too as well. I told her that this was something we needed to get resolved because it wasn't doing any good for either of us.

This was a few weeks ago, and of course nothing has happened. I got in a huff a couple of nights ago, because when I asked my partner when she was going to go to the doctor, she just gave me this "look."

I had a brief email conversation with my mum about this, because I was pretty distraught. And I guess the thing is, people can tell me their own advise and opinions, and people may have been through this themselves. But can anything really make one feel better? I'm hoping that when I go home for the holidays, I'll be able to have a good chat with my mum about it. I wasn't trying to get too personal, but I wanted her to know how upset I've been. I'm here in Australia, no family, hardly any friends...and frankly, I need a lot more support.

I haven't blogged in a little while, and I guess it's just cuz I've kind of still been down and out. I can only keep prying and keep hoping that things will change. I'm not the sort of person to just give up on love and a relationship because there isn't any intimacy. But I AM human, and I DO need some affection and love shown.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known of a couple of other women who have had experiences similar to yours. In one case, her partner had a medical condition but didn't want to face it. When she did, after several years of little affection between the two partners, it turned out to be a fairly simple medical problem that wasn't hormonal at all. Unfortunately, so much time had passed that irretrievable emotional damage had been done and, after about eight years, the two split up. For this couple, if the one partner had sought medical help early on, she would have been happier and they both would likely still be together. As for the other couple, one woman felt a "call to Jesus" and, though they still lived and slept together, there was no longer and touch or physical affection. The other partner wound up seeing a man, and now they're married. She told us a couple of weeks ago that she still love her lesbian former partner, but her need for love and touch waas not being met with her, and her husband is very loving and giving, and that, for her at least, it's not the sex of her partner, it's the heart. (She'd been married to a man before her eight-year lesbian relationship. For her, it was always about finding the person who had what she sought, regardless of their sex.) Anyway -- what I'm saying is that physical and emotional shows of love and affection are necessary, and the lack of them can cause an otherwise strong relationship to falter. Your partner might have a simple problem, but by ignoring it she can cause irreparable harm to your lives. So either she finds out what's wrong with her physical health, or you'll both see what it does to the health of yor relationship. Drag her by the hand if you have to, but she's messing up your life, too.

September 03, 2006 3:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home