Thursday, August 10, 2006

Okay, got my name written in Korean



Okay, so a nice woman who read my blog about wanting my name in Korean....has a Korean friend that was able to write my name in Korean. First off, MANY MANY thanks to her and her friend for doing this for me. I'm quite happy now. I just have to ensure that I have it the way it's supposed to (vertical or horizontal).

But now that I have it written, I need to fancy it up a bit. The characters aren't thick characters like with Chinese or Japanese writing. Any ideas out there, to make the tattoo more interesting?

3 Comments:

Blogger Hebi said...

http://chineseculture.about.com/library/name/female/blna_diane.htm

You need to see how Diane is written here.....this, girl, is fancy!

Peace,

August 11, 2006 7:19 am  
Blogger Gaylicious© said...

It may be fancy, but what is the logic of me having my name written in Chinese, if I'm Korean???? ::snickers:: As nice as it is, I want my name written in Korean, because I myself am Korean.

August 11, 2006 8:27 pm  
Blogger Gaylicious© said...

But then again...in my research, it seems like Korean derived with some Chinese. But wouldn't it be silly to have Chinese characters, but it meant in Korean???

::shrugs shoulders:: I like the Chinese version much better..as it is YES fancier. But I want to make sure the tattoo I get, is written in Korean.

I might have to research more :) Any Korean bloggers out there who can help me out?

August 11, 2006 8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home