Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Jordi


I've included a different picture of our new kitten.

We decided to name the new kitten Jordi..short for Jordin. If we were to ever have a girl, we would have named her Jordan. We thought our kitten was a girl, but I did a bit of investigating, and it appears that our new addition to the family is a boy. We are going to the vet on Friday to have a first check up and to get him micro-chipped. So I'm thinking that the vet will be able to tell us for sure. But I'm 99% sure it's a boy.


Jordi is such a funny kitten. He loves his toys, and we recently gave him an old soda can box to play with. We put a dangling toy in the middle and he loves it. Jordi also will sleep with us. In between our two pillows, he usually scrunches himself there. The first night, I put him in the utility room, just to give him some peace and quiet. Also to give our other cat Charlie some peace and quiet too. But the second night, I brought Jordi to the bedroom, he scampered off, but then came back, and snuggled in between us. Jordi slept in the same spot last night. It was quite funny though, yesterday we were looking for Jordi because we couldn't find him. I went into the bedroom, and he was sleeping in between the two pillows, with the stuffed duck my mum gave me. It was such an adorable picture.


I think Jordi is still a shy kitten. Him and Charlie still don't get along really, but Jordi is getting more brave. Jordi and Charlie used to just hiss at each other and stare at each other from across the room. Now, Charlie will see Jordi and watch him, and when ever he gets close, she'll hiss and growl at him. Jordi used to arch up his back and hiss back, but now he'll sort of growl, and arch up...but he'll start purring. It's quite funny I think. I'm hoping Charlie and Jordi will get along eventually, but I'm not sure how Charlie will fare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home