Saturday, January 27, 2007

Serena Williams wins AUS Open

I just got finished watching the AUS Open Women's final against Maria Sharapova and Serena Willams. OMG, talk about a smacking! I had a feeling that Maria would win. She's played really well this tournament. But Serena started off strong, and never looked back. She won the first set 6-1, and I think she was just too powerful.

I felt bad for Maria though. The camera crew showed a picture of her at the end and she looked absolutely crestfallen. I'm not a huge Sharapova fan (due to her grunting) but I don't mind her as a person. And NO, I don't think she's hot. ::smirks:: Maria was seeded #1 and is now ranked #1 I think, and thought that she would have really given it to Serena.

But in the end, Serena was just too good. GOOD ON YA GIRL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home